Role: AWS/Azure DevOps Engineer
Location: Remote (USA EST Time Zone)
The AWS/Azure DevOps Engineer works predominantly in the Amazon AWS and MS Azure Cloud space on projects focused on “on-prem to cloud” workload migrations, as well as Greenfield projects.
(Administration, Support & Development)
- Be part of the organization’s cloud operations team working on daily operational and security related tasks, with a ratio of 50% operational and 50% security related tasks.
- Act as a subject matter expert in infrastructure automation and orchestration, own all technical aspects of platform configuration and its automation.
- Write code and scripting for automation and creating scalable systems/infrastructure.
- Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations.
- Service owner for configuration management, continuous integration, continuous delivery, and version control. Provide continuous support for ongoing infrastructure and platform availability. Drive consistent operational best practices.
- Automate security testing using various security tools to perform security and vulnerability assessments of the internal and external networks and systems. Identify potential threats and develop and automate the delivery of remediation.
- Ensure security posture is maintained and improved through continuous delivery of application and infrastructure security enhancements.
- Prevent temporary or undocumented configuration changes. Create audit reports that identify and remediate non-standard configurations.
- Provide technical leadership and continuous improvement of standards to enable a more customer focused, responsive department. Help drive consistent operational best practices.
- Develop, build and optimize production support models and process designed to enhance response times and maintain high availability of all production application environments and infrastructure. Responsible for providing a stable infrastructure and runtime environment for application deployments.
- Research, evaluate and stay current on emerging tools, techniques and technologies; maintain skills and capabilities through education, training and hands-on experience. Identify opportunities to adopt innovative technologies. Accept new responsibilities, as required, to enable business growth.
- Develop deep understanding of integrations with other systems and platforms.
- Provide project management, technical assistance, and strategic vision for selecting and deploying new technologies and tools.
- Adept at learning and applying new technologies to solve problems.
- Participate in an off-hours on-call rotation, and perform periodic off-hours work during maintenance windows
DevOps Mandatory Qualifications:
- 3 + years of experience as a technology leader leading, establishing & managing enterprise DevOps, CI/CD solutions, automation, scripting and configuration management, with a proven track record of successfully delivering cloud services
- 7 + years of technical operations work experience, IaaS, System Admin experience, proficient with Python, Bash & PowerShell scripting.
- 3 + years’ experience with Git and with source control systems such as Github, TFS or similar, with good knowledge of code branching/merging strategies.
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef and Puppet
- Experience with Containerization and Container Orchestration engines like Kubernetes, ECS, Docker.
- 2 + years’ experience developing Jenkins CI/CD pipelines and writing Jenkins Files.
- Extensive experience troubleshooting DevOps pipelines and integrating with other DevOps tools.
- Experience with security audits, monitoring tools like trend micro, Nessus pro, Prisma Cloud
- 2 + year’s using Infrastructure as a Code, with Ansible, Terraform, CloudFormation, ARM Templates and similar Tools.
- Knowledge of Azure systems including VM, Azure Active Directory, VNET, function, Azure monitor, Azure Firewall / Application Gateway, Log Analytics, Network security groups
- Knowledge of AWS systems, including EC2, IAM, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, Config, Lambda, Security Groups, VPCs, WAF, Guard Duty, Inspector
- Participated in at least 2 cloud migrations at various organizations. Multi cloud provider experience a plus.
DevSecOps Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with cloud-based security management tools such as Palo Alto, Fortinet…etc
- Experience extracting pertinent security data from SIEM solutions and Azure, AWS audit, logs and reports
- 2+ years of experience with DevSecOps tools and processes to include SonarQube, Fortify and Veracode.
- Experience in architecting, implementing and maintaining DevSecOps workflows and common CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Unit testing frameworks, static analysis, etc.) on OS platforms such as Linux and Windows
- 4+ years’ experience with Security Best Practices, implementing enterprise-grade security solutions
- Life-long learner always looking to stay up to date with latest attack vectors, vulnerabilities, remediation and protection paradigms
Communication and Interpersonal Skills:
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Excellent oral, written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously with minimal supervision
- Proven self-starter with demonstrated ability to make decisions
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, or other Engineering or Technical discipline or equivalent relevant experience
- 3+ years’ experience with Azure, AWS development and management (Azure Security Engineer Associate, AWS Associate certification or higher preferred)
One or more recognized security and cloud specific certifications, e.g., CCSP, SSCP, CISSP, CCSK (Preferred but not mandatory ) and annual salary is in between 15 Lakh to 18 Lakh INR.
Send your cv to email@example.com